Friday, August 31, 2012

Why hire a commercial photographer...

Something that happens really often is that a wedding photographer or someone with a camera will claim they do architectural shoots.  When they do it though, they don't really know what they are doing, so they just shoot it like they would anything else.  It probably ends up looking something like this:

When they realize that nearly anybody could do this, they have to charge really cheaply in order to get any money at all because, let's face it, this isn't great quality.  Then when someone hears my pricing, they always tell me, "Oh, I have a guy that will do it for $50!"  That's because they're not doing enough to earn even that.

When I go on a job like this, I know what to do to give a real professional look because, well, that is what I do.  This is what I do:



Much more visually appealing, better vertical lines (for those architects out there), more detail shown.

*Note: Both of these images were re-sized for web purposes.

1 comment:

  1. Selecting the right photographer can be really a very daunting task and there are certain aspects that you need to keep in mind during the selection process.
    Port Macquarie Photographer

    ReplyDelete